In order to write a quality persuasive essay, you will have to gather a lot of information and systematize it. This is not as easy as it sounds and quite often you will have to rely on professional help to succeed in this work.
An essay of this kind requires a meticulous approach and knowledge in regard to the basic rules of writing. We shall discuss what standard procedures you will have to follow to complete the task of composing a decent persuasive or argumentative essay.
What do you need in order to compose an argumentative essay?
Useful tips for composing a persuasive essay:
- Take into account all the possibilities and choose your side of the argument. Be sure to counter any existing questions that you know of already. Study the topic well and prepare a clear resolution. Take time to think about the subject and come up with a well-defined thesis.
- Study your future audience. You need to know in advance whether your audience will be on your side of the argument and the reasons why they would have any counterarguments. It is important to comprehend every side of your subject and find the right proof behind your own point of view.
- Make sure to study the topic you are going to write about. Your goal here is to bring enough evidence for your argument in order to counter any kind of an opposing argument, which may appear from your audience. Libraries and online resources are the best places to go to in search of relevant information and statistics.
- The structure of your argumentative essay has to be thoroughly planned in advance. After you have gathered all the necessary facts and data, it is time to place it all in an order that is going to be understandable for your audience or readers. Every fact has to connect with your general idea.
- Find enough facts to support your main idea. As long as you have credible resources, a personal experience or observations, you can form an idea around your thesis. Avoid any plagiarism and make sure to cite the sources in the text. Every fact has to come from sources that can be trusted and verified at any given moment. All the data is an extremely important tool that will allow you to convey your personal opinion. You will have to persuade your audience that you know the subject really well and there’s no point in trying to find any counterarguments. Multiple examples will facilitate your work.
The structural pattern of an essay
Keeping to a basic structure is the first thing you need to remember when writing an argumentative essay.
1. The introductory part. It is necessary to grab the attention of your audience from the very start and this has to be done in the introduction paragraph. This is where you will set the main objectives, which you will have to expend upon in the following part of your paper.
2. Body paragraphs. Here is where you will have to present all your arguments in a coherent form. Make sure to link all the paragraphs to the main subject while each of them focuses on different aspects of your thesis. Offer examples, statistics and valuable data to support your arguments.
3. The conclusion. This is the final part of your essay where you will have to return to the main statement included in the introduction. This is where you write about your own point of view and make sure that your audience won’t have any doubt in your presented arguments.